XATRN is a ODMR ATRN (RFC2645) client for win32 platforms.
You can use it if you have a SMTP mailserver connected to
the internet with a dynamic ip address dialup connection and you want
to get e-mail for a whole domain (ie *@domain.com). Of course
you need your ISP to run a RFC2645 compliant mailserver.
You need XATRN only if you have a mailserver
which does not support ATRN and you want to dequeue mail
from your ISP.
XATRN is a command line utility. You can schedule
it with the scheduler included in your mailserver or in your
XATRN supports CRAM-MD5 authentication,
as required by RFC2645.
Why ODMR is better for dialup mailservers ?
ODMR is better than ETRN because it does not require a
static ip address.
- ODMR is better than TURN because of its standardized
- ODMR is better than a "whole domain" POP3-mailbox,
because it keeps the envelope informations intact,
for example Bcc recipients.
- ODMR does not require to open incoming ports on your
- 07 Oct 2009: XATRN 1.4 released:
- all timeouts can be changed using the "-u" switch
- xatrn now will retry dequeue 5 times when the connection is not
regularly closed with the SMTP "QUIT" command. There is a new
switch, -r x, to change default 5 times to x times.
- I'm sorry but no regression testing has been done with different servers (IIS and others). Please report bugs to the author.
- 27 Dec 2004: XATRN 1.3.2 released:
- Support for IIS6 and Exchange Server at ISP side, changed to TURN instead of ATRN
- Added NTLM authentication
- Improved autodetection of authentication
- Addedd "-v -v" switch for more verbose output
- Changed exit status codes values
- Changed some timeouts value
- Other minor bugfixes
- 6 Nov 2001: XATRN 1.2.2 released: now IIS5 at the provider side is supported via plaintext LOGIN authentication.
6 Aug 2001: XATRN BETA testing has finished and no bugs were reported
- XATRN has been tested on Windows 2000 server and
- XATRN has been tested with the following mail servers
- Sendmail8.11 + infinymail0.2(patched)
- Microsoft SMTP service of Internet Information Server 5
- MS Exchange server
- This page was last updated on Oct 7 2009
XATRN is free for all uses. The author will not be responsible for any
kind of damage caused by this program.
If you like it, please send me a virtual or real postcard from the place where you live. You can request my mail address by writing
me at email@example.com
- Just send me a postcard :)
- None :-) ... send bug reports to
the author. Please
include the version number of XATRN you are using.